So it has been over 6 months since I packed my bag and flew across the world from Wales to Australia.
I have had the best time of my life so far and learnt a fair few things.
Here is what I have learnt.
1. I can be away from home for long periods of time and be ok.
2. I don’t really miss home…
3. I love street art and graffiti.
4. There’s always something new to explore.
5. Making new friends from different parts of the world never gets old.
6. I can create a whole new life in a city on the other side of the world.
7. I love the sun, even more than I thought.
8. A swim in the ocean after a shit day makes all the difference.
9. I still can’t do an Australian accent.
10. I think I’m allergic to tequila.
11. I can support myself financially.
12. I love photography.
13. Tecate is the best beer.
14. Sunsets are my ultimate favourite thing.
15. Life can be shit, but I can deal with it.
16. I now appreciate the small and tiny details in life.
17. Autumn leaves are beautiful in Melbourne.
18. Yoga and the sun put me in a positive mood always.
19. I don’t care about material things anywhere near as much as I did 6 months ago.
20. I can throw out clothes from my backpack very easily, something I struggled with when first packing.
21. The sun really does makes my eczema better.
22. I can make some amazing friends in a short space of time.
23. I can now nap!
24. I am no where near as organised as I was when I left, and I love it.
25. I am extremely attached to Melbourne, and everything about it.
26. Travelling is my life passion. Without any doubt.